Monday, February 11, 2013

"Amor Fati" +Pre Valentines Day+







(hat - H&M, sweater - hand painted Hanes crew neck sweater, faux leather leggings - Forever21, platform sandals - Joe's Jeans, bracelet - thrifted, gold chain necklace - gift from Grandma, jewelry box - gift from Sister)

Not to dive too deeply into my personal life, I have felt a little anti-love in the past year and a half since the ending of a very serious relationship of mine. And with the trend of upside-down crosses circling around, I felt it would be sort of funny to create this upside-down heart pattern, instead, to show my bit of disbelief for love (haha, get it?). I came up with this geometric shaped heart because, well to be frank, upside-down hearts look like mens' balls and that's just something I didn't feel like rocking on my sweater. I used acrylic paint rather than fabric paint for no reason in particular. It did dry pretty stiff but because it is a spaced out pattern it doesn't bother me much. Also, I made sure the paint was water proof. It has it's flaws which only shows that it is hand-made and one of a kind. I really like how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment